This guide shows how to automate mining asteroids in EVE online using a bot.
Setting Up The EVE Online Client
For the mining bot used here, the EVE online client needs to be set up as follows:
- Set the UI language to English.
- Set the Overview window to sort objects in space by distance with the nearest entry at the top.
- In the Inventory window select the ‘List’ view.
- Enable the info panel ‘System info’. The bot needs this to find asteroid belts and stations.
- Arrange windows to not occlude ship modules or info panels.
- In the ship UI, disable “Display Passive Modules” and disable “Display Empty Slots” and enable “Display Module Tooltips”. The bot uses the module tooltips to automatically identify the properties of the modules.
Setting Up The Mining Bot
- Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 installed on your windows machine. This is a third party software the bot depends on to operate correctly. You can download the .NET Framework installer from https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=49982
- Download the bot application from https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling/releases/download/v2018-05-05/2018-05-05.Sanderling.exe This is the bot you will use to mine asteroids in EVE online.
- Start the EVE Online client and log in to your account.
- Move your mining ship to a solar system which has asteroid belts and dock at a station in which you want the mined ore to be stored. The bot will recognize the station and return to the same station when ore hold or cargo is full.
- Start the bot application downloaded earlier. The bot then searches for and starts reading from the EVE online client process. This may take a few seconds. When the status icon in the
EVE Online Clienttab changes to green, the reading is working and you can continue to the next step.
- In the bot app UI, switch to the tab titled
- Click the button
Automate Mining Ore From Asteroidsand in the next screen the button
Start Bot Operation.
- Register at http://manage.botengine.org to get your bot operation key.
- After entering the key in the app and confirming, the bot starts to work, identifies your mining modules, warps to the mining site and so on.
This bot keeps working until you interrupt it, warping between asteroid belts and station.
You can use the keyboard shortcut
ALT to interrupt the bot.
This bot automatically detects whether the ship has an ore hold, so you can also use it with ships which have no ore hold.