It appears that the in-game autopilot in EVE online is broken and does not warp you directly to gates.
To travel faster and saver, it is recommended to use warp-to-0 commands instead.
This guide shows how to automate this.
The bot we are using here follows the route set in the in-game autopilot and uses the context menu to initiate warp and dock commands.
Setting Up The Bot
- Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 installed on your windows machine. This is a third party software the bot depends on to operate correctly. You can download the .NET Framework installer from https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=49982
- Download the bot application from https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling/releases/download/v2018-07-30/2018-07-30.Sanderling.exe
- Start the EVE Online client and log in to your account.
- Start the bot application downloaded earlier. The bot then searches for and starts reading from the EVE online client process. This may take a few seconds. When the status icon in the
EVE Online Clienttab changes to green, the reading is working and you can continue to the next step.
- Set the in-game autopilot route, but do not start the in-game autopilot.
- In the bot app UI, switch to the tab titled
- Register at http://manage.botengine.org to get your bot operation key.
- Click the button
Automate Travel (Faster Autopilot)and in the next screen the button
Start Bot Operation.
- Undock your ship before starting the bot because the bot does not undock.
This bot keeps traveling until you interrupt it or the ship is docked or the last waypoint of the route is reached.
You can use the keyboard shortcut
ALT to interrupt the bot.